Sunday 14 February 2016

Race No. 48 - Park Run Finsbury Park


Rob Lynch is allowed to photobomb me - we have just seen Sunderland beat Man Utd!!

A visit to see Sophie Graham in London, a nice Italian meal, with wine, followed by a trip to the theatre to see 'SUNNY AFTERNOON' , none of these were enough to stop me recording another race (no. 48) in my 65forizzi Challenge.

Yes, on Saturday it was just so easy to do another Park run as Finsbury Park was only three minutes away from Sophie and Rob's flat. Afterwards a late breakfast was followed by a walk to a pub in Stoke Newington to watch SUNDERLAND BEAT MANCHESTER UNITED. Repeat Sunderland beat Manchester United.

As we passed the park entrance on the way to the station for the journey north, I asked for a photo for this blog and look at the image! After THAT result, nothing could interfere with my good mood, not even the prankster behind.

As for the race itself, it was cold , lots of the nice  people whom you will always meet at a Park Run and an average post injury run for me. 

Looking at the Finsbury Park records for runners my age, whose did I see but my pal, Howard Gold of Heaton Harriers, at number 2 in the standings - I was number 12! Howard and I go back nearly thirty years in our running careers and we have both recorded 21 minute runs in the V65 category, mine last April as the second race in this challenge. Today, it was 24.27 but I am hopefully starting to get back to some sort of form.

Statistics

Finished in 24.27 for 96th position
261 runners.


PS
 'Sunny Afternoon' is of course a celebration of 'The Kinks'.  The story was oh, so familiar as I was there in the sixties as a keen fan. I knew all the words of the songs as sang them, with gusto!


No comments:

Post a Comment