Tuesday 1 September 2015

The Long, Long Road Back From An Achilles Injury.

A Third Attempt At A Comeback

My Last (hopefully not my final) Race

Chris about to start the Tynedale 10 Mile on Sunday

Tadele Muklugeta, Elswick, starts the Tynedale as he finished it, at the front.

So here I am five weeks after my last race and still having problems with my achilles.
On Sunday I should have ran in my Club's Tynedale 10 Mile, but after two abortive attempts to come back to running I had to accept that it was still too early in the recovery.
Later today I am going to try a jog and am hopeful following some intensive self treatment using 'Eccentric Heel Drops' as well as hot and cold packs on the injury.
If I can just run without pain today, I may, just may, be able to run in the World Masters Mountain Championships a week Saturday.
Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment