Sunday 15 November 2015

Back to the Moor again


Race 38 Park Run Newcastle
'All the leaves are brown and the skies are grey'
A very, very wet Town Moor
Oh, to have been on the road from Brampton to Carlisle today, for a classic 10 miler, but having listened to my body (or more precisely, my achilles), I settled for the Newcastle Town Moor for race no. 38 in my 65 race challenge and yesterday's Park Run.

At least it wasn't as wet as last week, when I turned out in full body cover - see above - but it was cold enough for  a t-shirt as I joined Chris for another father and son outing.

I say joined Chris, but having met up just before the start, I could not find him as the field lined up and somehow landed amongst the buggy pushers as we jostled to get through the bottle neck gate at 100 metres. Oh, I hate to be baulked at the beginning of a raceeven though it is no bad thing  really as it stops me from hurtling off, comparatively speaking.

With a niggly achilles, I settled into a 'get me around pace' and got around in 23.38. Ok, really but my early season pb of 21.44 looks out of reach at this moment.

Today the achilles is still 'niggly' , so the decision not to race 10 miles on tarmac was probably wise. I think that I will go back to my 'eccentric heel drops' as part of the recovery process this week, then the softer surface of a cross country at Aykley Heads, Durham (North East Harrier League) should be a 'goer', next Saturday.

Statistics
Finished in 23.38 for 123rd position out of 470.
First V65

Chris finished in 21.03 for 60th place.

No comments:

Post a Comment