Wednesday 4 November 2015

Monthly Mile South Shields

Race 35 November 3rd 2015
Outsprinted to the finish!
I am sure that runner number 359, above, is a smashing chap, but as he sprinted past me to the finish line last night at South Shields I did not feel so charitable.

Yes, my sprinting days are in the past now, if I ever had them, so I was not able to pick up my pace to challenge him to the line at the end of race no. 35 in this 65 race challenge.

Of course, I have lots of excuses for a (relatively) slow mile race, but I will settle for one only and that is the tough Derwentwater 10 Miler on Sunday - let's ignore injury, age, etc. For last night was a filler rather than a thriller and was simply another race recorded to get me back on track after a two month absence due to my achilles injury.

Ater finishing in 6.39 at least I was three seconds faster than last month's run and can look forward to getting my times down in the months ahead.

Back to a proper distance next Sunday when I will be running the Town Moor Memorial 10K. Here's hoping for a decent time - 45 mins or less, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment