Saturday 7 November 2015

Park Run Newcastle

Race no. 36 and the third this week!
Town Moor on a better day than today!
Oh, was it wet today on the Newcastle Town Moor. So wet that I wore my fell running top, taped seams and all. For I did not expect to raise a sweat, firstly because it was peeing down and secondly, I was running my third race of the week and looking just to do a warm up for my return to the Moor, tomorrow, when I am running the Town Moor Memorial 10K.

Had quite a tough week's running this week, the Derwentwater 10 mile last Sunday, followed by the Monthly Mile, Tuesday, a seven miler with Louise Griffin (who had done the Town Moor Marathon on Sunday - can't get away from the Moor this week!) on Thursday and now here I was again for the 5 K Park Run.

I hope that I had kept my pace down as I need the energy for tomorrow, but 24.16 is a reasonable time, so we will just have to see what tomorrow brings.

Statistics
Finishing time 24.16
118th position out of 369 runners.
1st V65.

No comments:

Post a Comment