Thursday 17 December 2015

Race 41 Newcastle Park Run - Part 2



Keep it slow, don't make your injury worse!   
Yes, I looked pensive last Saturday, actually I was miserable, having realised after just one kilometre that I hadn't thrown off my calf problem.

Early in my 65 race challenge I was running so well that I was able to get lots of extra races in the bag - four races in an eight day period at one time - now the first doubts as to achieving the challenge have crept into my mind. A combination of a bad achilles injury and now my calf problem means that I have lost at least ten weeks from the fifty two available. No wonder I was down on Saturday.

Anyway, I have just had a jog in Horsley Woods and whilst I can still feel a little discomfort from an old calf injury I have, hopefully, thrown off the latest calf problem, so, Saltwell 10K may just be possible at the weekend.

I must, must, warm up gently and forget about finishing time and position- repeat Peter, I must not think about time and finishing position  - Here's hoping!!

Statistics for Race 41 Newcastle Park Run 7 Dec 2015(5K)

Finishing time 25.32
Position 192 (363 ran)
4th V65

No comments:

Post a Comment