Friday 15 May 2015

Latrigg Part Two, The After Effects of a Downhill Sprint

Setmabanning Farm, Threlkeld

Following Sophie's instructions, I have cut down on the chat in this blog and added more images, so much so that I didn't add my finishing time, or position in the Latrigg Fell Race. It was 28mins 50 and 67th out of 87 runners. Not my best on the fells by some way.
Today, I am suffering from the affects of downhill running. So much so that  can hardly walk! My quads and abductors are twanging and s-o-o-o- o painful. I have only had one previous experience like this and it was following the Gategill Fell Race (pictured below) which is not three miles from Latrigg. On that occasion I said that I would never do a short up and down fell race again, well I have just done so.
Here are a few more images from our (Maisie and I) camp site. I also have a video of the Lakeland sheep rounding up Maisie and if I can just find out how to upload will do so. It is hilarious.

Gategill Fell Race for NY3126 courtesy of Mick Garratt,

Below Blencathra
A  muddy Maisie ignores the goslings
Feathered friends




No comments:

Post a Comment