Sunday 25 October 2015

33 Races down, 32 To Go.

Gibside Great Run Local
Today was race number 33 which takes me past the halfway mark , hurrah! Yes, if and it is a big if, I can just keep clear of injury for the next five months, then I should complete my 65 race challenge

It was back to Gibside, again, to do my second 5K of the weekend. At yesterday's Newcastle Park Run I felt that I was getting some of my pace back and pushed on for a better time (22.57 on my watch). Today, I didn't feel as strong at the beginning, but was able to dig deep and record a reasonable 25.57 for this hilly course.

Remember that hills are character building !

I know that lots of the 500/600 runners at Newcastle are students, probably living local to the Town Moor, but where are all the missing runners at Gibside, for neither the Park Run on a Saturday, nor Great Run, Sunday get anything like those numbers, yet it is a beautiful setting in National Trust Grounds and it is free.

Not only is it free, but by the time you get back to your vehicle, the results are on your mobile, via text. Come on North East Runners, get yourselves to Gibside.

Statistics
8th overall from a field of 57.
1st V55/65 with an age graded score of 63.3% ( The winner had 63.2% so I must be doing something right)

I am the that  guy in red with no co-ordnation

No comments:

Post a Comment