Wednesday 7 October 2015

Monthly Mile South Shields

Race No. 29


South Shields Beach



The nights are drawing in and 'Winters Coming' as all GAME OF THRONES fans know only too well. And so it was that I travelled to South Shields last night to run a mile!

Well I needed to get another race under my belt, number 29, also, I need to recover my race pace and get back down to 7 minute miling. So, South Shields it was to be as I lined up with the fast boys and girls, or more precisely the under 8 minute milers.

Having watched the so called ' slower' runners do their best, I followed as best I could the faster runners in my group. Away they went, leaving me to plod along at around  6.40 pace. It didn't feel too bad and with a push at the line I recorded 6.44. That's OK , I thought, but that final push had tweaked my right calf, typical.

The results showed that I was 18th out of the 22 faster runners. They also showed that fifteen in the so called slower group were under 8 minutes and the first five were under 7 minutes, the winner recording 6.33. Next month I think I will join that group and give them a race!


Now I need lots of massage on my calf before Saturday's Sherman Cup cross country back here in, yes, South Shields.

No comments:

Post a Comment