Wednesday 4 March 2015

A Twelve Month Running Challenge

65 FOR IZZI
That's 65 races - Road, Fell and Cross Country, over the twelve months!





Yes, sixty five races starting on 31st March 2015, my sixty fifth birthday!


Why? Because I can, or hope to be able to do so.


Why 65 FOR IZZI, because Izzi (Islam Ali) was a young club mate of mine at Tynedale Harriers who died at a tragically young age in June 2003. Izzi was on his bike on the A69, when head down and pushing for it in a triathlon training session he hit a broken down vehicle and was killed instantly.
I may be 40 years older than Izzi was when he died, but we shared a similar happy and smiling approach to life and I can hope to honour his memory over the next twelve months.


On 29 March 2015 I can draw my Old Age Pension and use part of it to pay the entry fee to the HARTLEPOOL MARINA 5 MILE RACE and start my challenge - that's got to be a novel!


Other challenges over the next year include my first triathlon, the ASHINGTON TRI on Monday 4 May 2015, lots of PARKRUNS, Fell Races, Road Races and the small matter of the WORLD MASTERS MOUNTAIN RUNNING CHAMPIONSHIPS at Beyws-y-Coed on 12 Sept. 2015.


I will list my schedule of races in the next blog, have a look and join me for one -  running makes you feel great to be alive and keeps you YOUNG!

No comments:

Post a Comment